Gynecologic Cancer Care
Expect high-quality care from the gynecologic cancer specialists at Mary Greeley Medical Center.
Conditions We Treat
Access diagnosis and treatment for female reproductive system cancers, including:
- Cervical cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Peritoneal cancer
- Uterine cancer, including endometrial cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
Take advantage of advanced screening and diagnostic tests to detect cancer early, when it’s easiest to treat. To check for signs of cervical cancer, your doctor may recommend a Pap smear and HPV test.
Depend on your care team to collaborate with other specialists to personalize your treatment plan. You may work with:
- General surgeons
- Medical oncologists (doctors who use medicines to treat cancer)
- Radiation oncologists (doctors who use radiation to treat cancer)
- Urologists (urinary system physicians)
Gynecologic Oncology Treatments
Benefit from the latest technology and techniques for treatment, including:
- Chemotherapy to destroy cancerous cells
- Hormone therapy and immunotherapy to slow or stop the growth of cancer
- Radiation therapy, including brachytherapy (internal radiation), to shrink tumors and kill cancerous cells
- Surgery to prevent, diagnose, or treat cancer
Your treatment plan may include brachytherapy (internal radiation) to destroy cancer cells in your body. Your doctor places radioactive “seeds” in or near the area with cancer to treat gynecological cancers. If you receive brachytherapy, you may benefit from fewer side effects and shorten treatment.
Gynecologic Cancer Clinical Trials
Ask your doctor about clinical trials. You may get access to new, advanced ways of caring for your condition.
Find comprehensive support throughout your cancer journey to improve your physical, mental, and emotional health.