Blood & Bone Marrow Cancer Care
Rely on skilled providers with experience treating blood and bone marrow cancers at William R. Bliss Cancer Center. Our board-certified oncology-hematology (cancer and blood) specialists recommend and provide a full range of treatment options.
Conditions We Treat
Get treatment for types of cancer that can develop in the bone marrow and blood cells, including:
- Lymphomas, including non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin types
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
To check for signs of bone marrow and blood cancers, your doctor may request diagnostic tests, including:
- Blood and urine tests to check protein levels
- Bone marrow aspiration, which takes a sample of bone marrow for the doctor to evaluate under a microscope
- Imaging tests, such as X-ray, MRI, CT, and positron emission tomography (PET) scans
Meet with our blood and bone cancer specialists to create your personalized care plan. Depending on your health and preferences, you may receive:
- Chemotherapy to prevent cancer cells from growing
- Immunotherapy (biotherapy) to boost or restore the immune system to fight cancer cells and to lessen side effects
- Radiation therapy to stop cancer cells from multiplying and spreading, including:
- Low-dose radiation – Reduces the amount to cause less damage to surrounding tissue and to reduce the number of treatments
- Involved-site radiation – Aims only at the lymph nodes that have signs of lymphoma to reduce the size of the area receiving treatment
- Surgery to prevent, diagnose, or treat blood and bone marrow cancers
- Clinical Trials
Ask your doctor about clinical trials for blood and bone marrow cancers. You may get access to treatment that is not yet widely available.
Talk to your nurse navigator about how you can improve your physical, mental, and emotional health with comprehensive support throughout your cancer journey.