Survivorship & Follow-Up Care
Live a healthier life after cancer treatment. Take advantage of personalized follow-up care and survivorship services at William R. Bliss Cancer Center.
Follow-Up Care Plan
If your cancer was stage 3 or lower, a nurse navigator will give you a survivorship care plan that summarizes your treatment for you and your future doctors. To keep you as well as possible in the long term, the plan may recommend:
- Cancer screening schedule
- Follow-up appointments so doctors can monitor your health
- Guidance on lifestyle changes that reduce cancer risk
- Ways to manage side effects
- Community resources and support groups
Continue to see your primary care provider for annual wellness checks routinely. Your doctor will communicate any relevant changes in your health to your cancer care team.
Support Groups, Classes & Other Events
You may be interested in participating in support groups and community events where you can:
- Share your experiences with new friends in a positive, healing environment
- Raise awareness or funds to support cancer diagnosis, treatment, and research in our community
- Learn skills to improve your health and quality of life